Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10: A seal!


From Flaam's journal - July 10th:
We woke up to find our entire tent covered in mosquitoes. That was quite impressive. Last minute (in Greenwich) I bought mosquitoe nets with my mom, so I am really thankful for that. I had never seen so many mosquitoes in my life. Today I was a little “down”, kind of out of energy and missing home. No choice though, you have to keep paddling. When we arrived in Kimmirut, Pascale, the high school teacher, let us have lunch at her house which was really nice. In the afternoon, while many were showering and taking baths, I went with Boogie, Nicole, my dad (Luc), and Sebastian on a boat to ride around the bay. Though we did not see any polar bears, we had a great time. We saw seals and the icebergs were incredible!
For dinner, I had caribou. Finally everyone went to sleep in a family home.

No comments: